Tabs

October 31, 2012

Relationshios According to Dorks ;) Part 2.


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." (1 Corin. 13:4-5) (NIV)

Well Heya Oddballers,

Today is part two of my little relationship series on love and stuff.So far, we kinda touched on spirtual gifts in regards to loving others. Kinda boring. My apologies. But today, we are getting to one of the most famous verses in the whole Bible. It's read at pretty much every single wedding. Alot of people know these lines quite well. Its engraved in our brains. It's almost second nature in a sense. So I guess this puts a lot of pressure on me to really impress you guys, too bad that won't really happen. LOL.

So..where do I begin??? LOl That in my opinion is the difficult part about both of these verses. It's so hard to narrow it all down. Hmmm. Well, let me start with the end and work my way to the begining. Maybe that will help my understanding. Okay, so the last things said was that Love isn't easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. This is so true. When I love a person---family, friend, or romantically---I always tend to set aside the past of other people, and I don't usually get mad too quickly. If I truely care. As much as I would like to react harshly sometimes with people, I normally don't get mad easy. It takes a lot for someone I care about to really drive me off the wall. Holding a grudge specifically, in my opinion, is wrong on many levels. I forgive and move on. I don't necessarily forget about what happened, but I will not hold their past against them. The past does define a little bit about who we are, but it doesn't make us who we are. I try to judge people by the heart, and if they made mistakes but their heart is in the right place, then I find nothing wrong with them as a person. People can change, as much as movies and television show us differently. I truely believe that. So don't keep record of people's wrongs, it's not nice, and it can lead to harsh judging. Don't get mad so quickly at people, it can be a dangerous situation and one may say some things that they regret. So think about it.

Okay, the second to last things it said was that its not self-seeking, it does not dishonor others, is not proud, and does not boast. Oh my how many awesome things in this section. I think this will be a really long blog post people.LOL Let me cut it to the chase then. Don't do things just to improve your self image or reputation. Don't be nice to people just because it makes you look good. Don't rub your accomplishments on others. Stop focusing so much on yourself and your happiness,but instead focus that love on others and make sure that YOU are being a good friend and are showing love to them in a Biblical way. That should be our focus.I am not perfect with this, people tend to use people all the time...saying "hey, want to go get some icecream together??" just to get some dirt on a situation. HOw deceiving that could be. Think about it. Don't do stuff with selfish intentions. I think that is the main thing it wanted to address.

And now, my favorite part of this section. Love is Patient. Love is Kind. It does not envy. THIS IS SOOOOO TRUE ON SO MANY LEVELS. I love this chapter. I try to live my life by these standards every day of my life. Yes, I'm not perfect, but one thing I do know is that true love is patient, kind, and not envious. I know this for a fact. True love will wait for anyone. True love with wait for the best time even when its so hard to be patient at that situation. It is kind, and gentle. There isn't anything to be jealous about because there is no reason to be envious. If you get anything out of today's post. BE GENTLE, PATIENT, AND KIND WITH PEOPLE. Please please please PLEASE do this!! I'm begging you. You will be a dramatically differen't person if you just change the simple little things of patience, kindness, and gentleness. I saw a dramatic difference in me when I vowed to show these qualities of love to all people. I know what it is like. IT's hard people, things will get tough. But it will be soooo worth it in the end. Do not give up on LOVE. DO NOT GIVE UP ON LOVING OTHERS.!!

Have a Great Day Everyone,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts