Tabs

October 5, 2012

Inner Beauty Rocks!! Believe it!!

"Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." (1 Peter 3:4) (NIV)

Well Hello Oddballers,

Today I want to touch on inner beauty, because I believe that every once in awhile, people should be reminded that "it's the inside that matters" and not how you look on the outside.

Of course, it's unrealistic to think that people don't judge others by looks. It's just a fact of nature. Everyone regardless of how humble they are initially judges a person to decide in their mind whether or not they are physically attractive. It's the truth. I do it. Your do it. Everyone does it. So don't be ashamed thinking, "Ugh! I think this person is good looking, but it's the inside that matters, Ignore my attraction towards them!"

In my opinon, this type of thought is ridiculous. Physical attraction in itself is necessary for a sucessful relationship with another person. Bottom line. Otherwise there will be a sense of void and trust me, the other person will start noticing other people instead of you. So with that said, pay attention to those you are physically attractive to. But them assess whether they have the qualities on the inside that are necessary for you to begin "courting' them. LOL. But PLEASE, take your time.

You see people, in the verse. God finds true worth in the inner self that is of "unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirt." What exactly does that mean??? I have no idea. But what I do know is that our "spirit" better not be mean and nasty. I don't think that looks good to anyone. Our spirits are one of the most precious parts of the self. It's where God dwells in us. It's where we unconciously think of good, positive, and kind things to say or do to others, and it's also the place where our core beliefs dwell. So everyone, it's important to make sure that this spirit of yours is gentle and of pure beauty. So that one will bleed off kindness and love to everyone around them. So as you go about your day this morning, I want you to think about a number of things.

1. How do I percieve myself in regards to inner beauty??
2. What are the common mistakes people make in deciding who is attractive and who's not?
3. How can I change my perception of people in regards to beauty??
4. As of right now, how would God see your spirit??

Contemplate these things for me. Maybe it will shed some light on something.

And if you have time. Watch this video on "what is beauty?" it's quite interesting

Have a Good Day,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts