Tabs

October 16, 2012

Patience is like Running for a Piece of Chocolate Cake...it's Easy to Give up.


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." (James 1:2-8) (NIV)



Well Hello Fellow Oddballers,

Today's topic is one of my favorites..Not because of chocolate cake.(which is yummy but I don't take in a whole lot of sugar very well), but because it is on patience. Which in my opinion, is the one skill that God will never stop teaching us. It reminds me of the reason why some of my family members go running. I would ask them, "so sister, why do you run??"A likely response to this would be, "Because I want my Cake!!" No joke.  That's how I percieve the things we really want in life.

For example, some girls tend to be impatient to have a man in their life, so they go after whomever seems interested. This, in my opinion again, isn't the best option. Usually for me, I pray about it, wait for the right person and the right time, and then I spend some time making sure this is someone that I could see going long term. Possibly eternity. LOL. It's true though. I put a lot of thought and prayer into the people I eventually grow to like more than just "He's kinda cute.". But let me tell you all one thing, I am making this sound easy. IT'S NOT EASY. Being patient for the right guy to come along is not only sad and frustrating, it can be torture. lol. Recently for me, I cried over a guy, because I really badly wanted to know if he was the right one..Of course, God did eventually give me the answer, but now it's more or less a waiting game (Patience time) to see where its going to go now. It's soooo. frustrating but I'm sure many of the ladies will understand how hard it is to be patient about it when you know its right.

So to end this on a chocolate cake note, I think of patience like my family works out for cake. It's so easy to give up running to just eat cake and sit on the couch instead. It's so easy to just go after the easy guy and to not do your homework and to not take care of your body. However, THE BEST THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO US IN THIS LIFE ARE NEVER EASY!! If is was easy, everyone would be doing it. So go the extra mile. Wait extra long. Pray extra hard. That's the only way the best things can happen. If I can push through every inch of me to not step in on the future relationsip, I think that all of you can be patient with anything that you guys are going through.

Have a thought provoking and Patient day everyone,

Oddball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts