Tabs

October 17, 2012

You Gotta Get Up and Try


Good Morning Oddballers,

I am not going to do a verse today because I was inspired by my sister and a song to write on the topic I want to write about today. I really feel strongly about getting burned. Emotional burning. Meaning, according to my situations, a lot of dissapointment and hurt over a situation that didn't follow through or didn't work out. My family, has delt with this a lot. My twin sister, whom I am very close with and is dear to my heart, has been through a lot of emotional burns. She has been constantly rejected by guys. Sometimes when she would talk, she would be sobbing as she asks me "what's wrong with her?" This kind of stuff is the reason why I feel so strongly about girls self-esteem and depression. I delt with it. I tried to be everything I wasn't only to burn myself in the process. I was so far gone in depression that there seemed like no escape, and God rescued me from my sadness, forgave me of my sins, and I am recommitted and here today. I know what it feels like to be in a severe amount of dissapointment.

I mean, for the guys, if you get anything out of what I'm saying today, I want you to know that what you say to a girl has a huge impact on a girl's self-esteem. Calling her "ugly" as a joke could mean the difference between life and death, and I'm not exagerrating it whatsoever. One guy who I really wanted called me ugly, and I couldn't date for five years because I just couldn't trust guys. WOW. I couldn't open myself up to people because of one word. Can you believe the power of words?? I cannot.

I know in my heart that I am beautiful because God created me, but because of my scars, I will get occasional insecurities that I usually block out by going for a walk, I pray about it, and I usally move on. It's a constant battle now, I will never be the same.

It's crazy how so many people hurt each other each and every day by the words people say. Sometimes not saying anything could hurt worse. What if a person wanted to know that you cared about them, because they were suicidal, they texted you, and you didn't text them back, and they killed themselves. I hope that situation never happens to any one of you, but if that happened and I was the one that didn't respond. I would have a very difficult time forgiving myself. Seeing a person in pain and not going up and talking to them could potentially cause severe harm.

So what I'm trying to say is, I know it's a longer post today, is that talk to the people you care about. Ask them how they are doing. Remind them frequently how much you care. They could be severely burned and in pain inside, and your "hi, how are ya?" could just save their life.

Those of you whom are in pain. This song really hit me. It reminded me on how I feel when I was depressed, but my favorite lyric is "you Gotta get up and Try". Because other people can only do so much to save you. It takes self-discipline and also God to help you recover.. So here is the lyric video.
Soak it all in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPtlSF4TlJE


Have a Great Day Everyone,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts