Tabs

October 29, 2012

I'm Not Sick Anymore!! Oddball is Back!! : On Church Retreat


Hey Oddballers,

I hope you all had a grand weekend. I on the other hand, apologize that I did not write all last week really. I was not feeling so well. :( But I"m okay now :D

Today I don't have a Bible verse up, but I want to share my expirience at my church retreat this weekend. There were a few things that I learned. One, the one true thing that I know for a fact is that God exists. I wouldn't be able to explain most phenomena in the world without that one truth. Secondly, I truely believe that alone time with God for a long period of time is beneficial for Christians to really connect with God. I spend at least an hour or so just meditating and praying about everything I felt like needed to be addressed. It's amazing how God can openly work in people when they are open to God and the holy spirit working through them.

I spent a lot of my time praying and what not, and one moment, I decided to just close my eyes, and open them staring at a leaf pile, I then looked for one single leaf that I found interesting and picked it up. I thought for awhile why I chose that leaf and not any of the other leafs, but instead of finding the differences, I only found the similarities. I then had this huge revelation: I thnk God chooses who he wants to work through like a giant leaf pile. We all have holes, scars, rips and tears (faults), we have all different  shapes and colors, and we each come without a different set of markings and stories, the beauty of the leaf is irrelevent, all of those characteristics are irrelovent. God chooses that one leaf out of the millions of leaves to work through, regardless of it's condition. God notices that one little leaf (me), who was broken and scarred by her past and full of guilt and shame. God noticed me when I was so depressed and in pain that he saved me three times from committing suicide. That one special little leaf with holes, rips, and tears that I picked up, reminded me that through my pain and suffering, God wanted me to live for a reason, and he chose me out of the entire leaf pile to do his will. How Amazing.

Stuff like that happens to me quite often when I meditate and spend time with God. I should most likely put some more of these revelations out here on my blog when they come to me. I think they would be beneficial to share with people.

That was the blunt of my Church Retreat expirience. Yes I stayed up super late, ate super unhealthy and will probably have to spend the next couple weeks working it off, but I am so glad I got to really get to know some of my college church group peers on a level I probably wouldn't  have if I didn't decide to go. I think it was beneficial for everyone who went.

That's it really. I don't really want to boss everyone around this morning. :D

So enjoy your uniqueness of your leaf. Because God does notice you too. :D
P.S. Enjoy this lovely leaf pile video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TgbL14tSX8

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts