Tabs

September 19, 2012

Hope

 
"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety." (Job 11:18) (NIV)
 
Good Morning Oddballers,
 
I usually start out with talking about my day, but I'm not going to do that. I want to just dive right into hope this morning, because I feel like it is super important. Yeah, I know, super importance is not a very good reason to be writing, but I feel a strong urge to just talk about it, so hear me out.

Hope is a very interesting subject to talk about because there are SO MANY directions I can go with this. So for the record, if the direction I take isn't what you were expecting, my apologies, I didn't mean to look over your credible opinion.

In my opinion, I think Hope is a sense of security. It gives the person a reason to keep going when things get difficult. For example, I dealt with depression. The ways I stayed on top of things was to have hope that things would improve and I will be happy again. As hard as that was sometimes, if I didn't have hope, then I probably wouldn't be at the place I am now in regards to happiness, and I would not even be close to the level of strength I have in my Christian faith. Its a funny thing how one little "speck of light at the end of the tunnel" can really determine if one gives up on something or not.

Fascinating.

Hope also has differen't meanings to me as well. It not only gives me security, it gives me strength. I know many families that have to deal with family members with cancer and the most common thing they say to me about hope is that "It gives me strength.." Strength is also a fascinating concept if we really just sat down and had a good conversation about what really are the building blocks to strength. I think we all would be surprised.

So what the heck does this have to do with faith and myself. Well, a whole heck of a lot. We have hope because of our Heavenly Father who will never leave and forsake us. For example, if both of my parents were dead, I would still have hope because God is the Father to the Fatherless. Getting it??? I'm not surprised if you aren't.


So I encourage you to think about Hope in more of a spiritual standpoint as we go about our normal routines and days.

Check ya all Later,

Oddball
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36

    How does one aquire hope from a seemingly hopeless situation? What would be your advice into finding hope itself when one is lost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good question. I can only really speak from my perspective and some expirience with this situation. So if it isn't the answer you are looking for, my apologies. When I was suicidal for a time and things really did seem hopeless. There was an little Little bit of this feeling inside me that God, the creator, was never going to leave me. And I thought to myself "Why should I abandon him?" That was the source of my little ounce of hope. That is all I can really say. Hopefully that helps somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually it does make sense. To be there for others too and to not be selfish. Thanks! You seem like a positive girl, not to be weird or anything but I have been following your blog. It is different, fresh and both advice and passages brighten my day. I have a blog of my own that I started and of course I have been looking through others, so don't feel weird that I am just following yours. Lol Though your blog really wants me to get to know you better. A girl that always has something good and positive to say. Now that is quite something. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You So much For the Awesome Comment. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on blog posts