Tabs

September 27, 2012

God Gives You Strength...does that mean I can bench 400 lbs?? ..Uh..probably not.


"He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 1:8) (NIV)
 
Well GOOD MORNING my fellow Oddballers,

Today is going to be about God giving you strength (if you haven't noticed it from the title). I'm sure I've touched on this on an earlier blog post, but honestly, repetition is good. It's important to know that the more something is repeated to you, the more you believe it's true. That statement was quoted by Chris, one of my Terra Firma leaders. If you don't know what that it, don't worry about it.

So here's the deal guys, I have been going through tremendous amounts of guilt. Just because of my past and it's a long story, but I am finially starting to heal from it. The more people I talk to about it, the more I understand the reasoning behind all of the things that never made sense. Let me try to explain what I mean. I was angry with God for a really long time, and everytime I did something to purposely to make him mad and push me away, the plan always failed, so I got even angrier to the point where I severely tried to hurst myself enough that I wouldn't be on Earth for Christmas one year...but again, he stopped it from happening. AGAIN. For a long time I never really understood why he wouldn't let me hate him when I seriously Loathed him..I don't think you guys really get Hating God since you all loved him so much. But to turn from God is honestly a dangerous place.

When I recommitted myself around June, I was confused, and I felt unowrthy to praise God and worship when I hated him. I also had nightmares for a long time that the devil was going to take me from God because he was angry that I came to God. The dreams still haunt me today. So my struggles are reminded of everyday. So Oddballers, that is my major struggle in my faith. It's trusting God to give me strength and worry that the "most evil guy on the planet" will take me from him. SCARY STUFF GUYS.

SO i encourage you all to really really REALLY READ the verse today and thnk about what times in your life God has given you strength. I think you all will be so surprised that you won't know what to do with yourself. Maybe your thought isn't as exciting as mine, but it doesn't matter, because like you who were solid in your faith I look up to strongly. So basically, every story, every thought, every word is important because it is all a part of God's plan. So don't think you are less than me...because honestly, I don't even know why I have friends. LOL I'm that wierd and unpredictable.

Have a Thought Provoking Day.

Oddball 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts