Tabs

September 17, 2012

Worrywarts...they are Annoying!!!


 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" Matthew 6:25 (NIV)

Good Day Oddballers,

 I want to touch on worrying this morning because it seems to be relevant in my dorm. But before I begin, I would like to say that I did not post yesterday because I had writers block and I felt the need to take a bit of one on one time with God. There were some stuff that I wanted to be at peace with, and I think that it helped.

I may tell you a few of these things in a bit. But I kinda want to focus on the verse. How many times to people go through drastic things in their lives and seem to overly stress about it??? I know my mom seems to do this sometimes. I, have anxiety about my body. It's a different feeling from when I was sick; it's more of a "what's wrong with me?" than "everything is wrong with me" if that makes any sense to the oddballers. Still, there are days where I just need to sit and talk it out with a close friend or meditate with God.

Anyway, if you get anything out of my blog post today, read the last part of this verse carefullly, "Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" The answer is yes. So many times have I seen guys and girls cut themselves down because they don't feel like they fit in because they stand out. I say this: Standing out is honestly so much better than fitting in. Embrace the dork. Don't worry about what you have and don't have. Because honestly, in heaven, you aren't going to have it anyway and it's not even going to matter. Love who you are, because God made you perfect.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Don't let small things affect the overall aura of the day. This can happen. But I say, DON"T let it affect you. Guys are going to like another girl ladies, and it sucks. Trust me, I know that feeling very well. Ladies are going to date the jerks and not you sometimes. It's a fact of life. But I need you all to know that worrying about it is only going to destroy you, and not make you feel any better.

So I CHALLENGE YOU:  to take about 5 minutes of your time. Sit down in the grass at home, school, work, etc. Just sit there, close your eyes, and think about nothing. I try to do this every day before I start my day to just calm down from the drama from the previous night so that I can start my day with a level head. So should you.


I hope you all have a wonderful stress free day ahead.

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts