Tabs

September 9, 2012

Tripping On Everything...What's The Deal???


Psalm 40:2-3 - "and pulled me from a lonely pit full of mud and mire. You let me stand on a rock with my feet firm, and you gave me a new song, a song of praise to you. Many will see this, and they will honor and trust you, the LORD God." (CEV)
 
 G'day My Wonderful Oddballers,

This moring is a little bit interesting for me because I took a power nap yesterday. If you don't know what that is, i'll tell ya right now. A power nap is a short nap just to refresh/recover yourself from a long day or lack of sleep from the previous night. Problem with that yesterday,....well.. I kinda took a 3 hour power nap LOL. I guess I really needed the sleep. So this morning...I wake up at 6:09 a.m. and think to myself..."I will never be able to sleep in ever." LOL. So I thought I would share that liitle tidbit of my life in college for my readers.

Now, for starters, I am a very clutzy person..I am tall, and sometimes my left side of my brain stops working for a second (due to lazy eye when I was younger) so then the right side of my body runs into things because of my left brain. Make any sense??? I don't think so. What you need to know from that scientific explanation that I'm not even sure is the truth btw is that I trip on things all the time, bump into walls, randomly lose my grip on something I'm holding, and randomly spaz. It's true. BUT WHAT IF YOU TRIPPED, BUMPED, SPAZED, OR LOST GRIP ON YOUR FAITH???

Interesting question to think about this morning don'tcha think?? I believe that every Christian on this Earth can relate to this somehow whether or not you may remember the time. I remember the time I tripped in my faith very clearly. I was suicidal senior year of high school believe it or not. My first suicidal thought/almost tried was the day before classes started. Crazy right???. I remember being soooooooooo angry at God for making me ugly. Ugly of all things...(if you haven't read yesterday's post, you won't find the irony in that statement). I wasn't considered attractive from where I lived, so I got frustrated and when my eating disorders the previous year didn't help me, I resorted to harming myself out of serious anger. I don't know if any of you have been that angry with God, but I don't recommend it.

I chose this Bible verse this morning because it describes how I felt when I recommitted my life to Christ the summer before I came to my Christian college. It was my final thought/attempt and I felt this higher power stopping me even though I was crying at the time and seriously considered it. But I dropped whatever I was holding and just gave in to Christ. I now fully trust that I was made beautiful by him due to that event (more explanation for another time). So I understand when the verse is saying "pulled me from the lonely pit of mud of mine". Seriously, I was alone..and I was at a low place filty of sin. perfect description for it

PERFECT DESCRIPTION = FREAKIN AWESOMENESS

So If you read the entire verse. I think one would understand the true power of God in a more intimate way. God has a way of making people feel like they are completely cleaned of everything bad in your life. (If you haven't felt that, I highly recommend picking up a Bible, commiting yourself to Christ, and living out Christianity in your daily lives).He always makes me feel like I am clean from my sin every day when I remember to repent of my sin every night. I know what it's like guys..and that's why the last part of the verse really gets me this morning "Many will see this..and they will honor and trust you."

ABSOLUTELY they will!!! I was saved from suicide because of other people's testimonials. It is so awesome to hear where people came from before comming to God, or falling down and recommitting to God. It's Crazy. 

To end my post this morning (Sorry about the length everyone) I going with this challenge.

CHALLENGE: Walk up to someone you feel kind of close to whom is a very close Christian and ask them how they came to Christ. You may be inspired by their story

Have a lovely day Oddballers,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts