Tabs

September 11, 2012

Don't Hate on People...Really, the Bible Says So


"If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?" (1 John 4:20) (NLT)
 
 Good Morning Oddballers,


Today is another day to rejoyce!! REALLY!! From where I live, the sun is shining, the birds are out and singing. It is fabulous. Anyway to catch up my readers on my life today I participated in my first Zumba class yesterday...and I had a blast!! If any of you do not know what Zumba is...it is a dance workout. I loved it. I sweat at least a gallon. LOL No probably not but I definitely broke a sweat.. So yeah everyone, if you like dancing and want to workout at the same time, Zumba is for you.


Nomatter, it is time for the verse. So I was thinking this morning on how so many people I have met so far tened to really hate people. I mean HATE people. There were times where I have seen others purposely sabotage lives of those they dislike; honestly, it sickens me. So today I want to give those of you who tend to "hate on people" a nice little "wake up call" (lol if you read yesterday's post).

The worst thing ever for a Christian is to say "I love God" and then hate on someone across the room. I've seen that happen. I've felt that before too. I love God but then there is this mean girl across the room. My heart is screaming, "She is so mean I don't like her," but I turn around to my friend and say, "God is great!" How hypocritical don'tcha think??

Most of us are guilty of this...so what do we do?? Well, in order to really love God and have a strong relationship with him, we have to understand how to love people in the flesh. The more we work on loving others, the more we tend to love God. It's a crazy concept to think about really. It's almost as if it is reversed. But doing it this way will also help you love others easier as well. It's awesome. I have been trying to work on this for the past year and the results I have gotten from it is fabulous. If I am annoyed with a person or they really hurt my feelings, I treat them as if they were my family. (technically they are) So I forgive them and stay nice to them regardless of my opinion. Honestly, my opinion doesn't matter.

So today..I encourgage you to CHALLENGE yourself to walk up to someone you don't necessarily like and give them a compliment. you'd be suprised.

Have a wonderful day,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts