Tabs

September 18, 2012

God's Promise of Love


"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." (John 15:9) (NIV)
 
Good Morning Oddballers,

I'm going to try and make this blog post a short one today. So if it goes quite long, I am truely sorry about that.

Anyway, some updates on my life. Not much happened really. LOL I spent a lot of time with my friends and did my homework. That is pretty much a typical day for a college student. So that's my unabridged version (really..its unabridged lol).

Now, unto our verse this morning. I did some intense meditation and prayer the last couple days in regards to God's love. For some reason I have a hard time actually understanding what that means. So I have spent roughly 15 minutes a day praying about it. And this is the verse that keeps finding its way to me.

I think it is important to really grasp the fact that God's love is so much bigger than we expect it to be. There is so much that goes into the word "love" that often it is used in the wrong context when a guy/girl says to their significant other, "I love you." My question to them is this, "Do you really?"

It may come off as quite rude to assume that almost all relationships in the U.S. are not "love", but I'm sure that there are more than a handful. That's why I'm bringing it up. Do you remember the first time someone said "I love you," ? Honestly, I can't remember!! Well, other than my parents of course. That's how much that 3 worded phrase really meant to me. from him..Nothing. 

So to end this post today...I just want to say a few things. One, God loves you so much, and it's a real true pure love. Two, I don't think any of the readers will ever hear me say "I love you" unless I'm engaged or something. Because honestly, I want to say it when I mean it, not when it's convenient for the other person.

So I encourage you today, no CHALLENGE because I don't want to do that this morning, to really pray and think about what God's love means to you. I think everyone will be surprised at the kind of things you might hear or find from it.

Have a Great DAy,


Oddball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts