Tabs

September 13, 2012

When The World Around Seems Hopeless


"But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[a] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all." (1 Corninthians 15:20-28) (NIV)



G'day Oddballers,

I decided not to put a picture up this tme because the verse was soooo long. I wanted you all to take the time to read it this morning. Anyway, today I want to talk about what to do when the world around us seems bittersweet. When the world around us is in a stage of darkness and it's hard to find the light in the situation.

I wanted to post this verse up to remind you all that Christ was raised from the dead for a reason. Jesus died for our sins, regardless of our current world affair situation, the end of times will come, the enemies will be "put under his feet". This is an irrevocable claim. I strongly believe that in order to see the light, it is important to remember to turn to God before one starts "Freaking out about it".

Just hear me out a second. Many of us go through hardships. Whether is monetary or not. Many MANY times I run into people that try to fix the problem themselves and end up falling flat on their face. For me, it is even more important that I try not to solve things myself because I get quite the anxiety and since I am a "clutzy" person, I have a 98.5% chance of actually doing a face plant on the cement. 1.5% chance of tripping and falling into the lake on campus. LOL no joke.

So if one gets anything out of this Bible verse. Always remember that God exists, and to turn to him when you are going through something. Even if you AREN'T going through something right now, still DON'T IGNORE GOD. This is absolutely essential.  Please don't fail me Oddballers.

Now I'm going to make a shout out to some of my friends in college and back in Green Bay, WI that are still in high school. Stresses will come up, things will get tough, men and women will be confusing, papers will be done last minute, the dvd player will stop working, the wifi will hardly work, and you will eventually get ill. It's a fact of life. But what I want to say about it is this: BE STRONG.  God doesn't give you something you cannot handle. So don't forget about him. Pray about it everyday if you can. Even if nothing happened that day, pray about it.


No challenge for today because I really just don't want to challenge my readers today. Consider this a day off. LOL
Much Love and God Bless,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts