Tabs

September 8, 2012

You're Beautiful...Duh!!

"You are altogether beautiful, my love, there is no flaw in you." (Song of Solomon 4:7) (ESV)
 
Good Morning Oddballers,

Today I want to touch on what I like to call "What I Don't like about the Media Industry". Of course, I am a film junkie who wants to become a stunt coordinator someday, but that isn't the point I am trying ot make today. What I find frustrating about media is the fact that media really enjoys voicing to the public what one should consider beautiful and attractive. Well, let me tell you all something first. I tried to look like those "photoshop magazine girls". Seriously, I had a picture of a girl and I strived to look like her; only to get severely underweight and sick. What I want everyone to understand about this is the fact that everyone is beautiful.

I know, I know, technically in all of our heads, we judge people by our looks. If you think you don't, then really REALLY think about it. How do you judge which guys you want to stay friends with or possibly date the first time you meet them. Well America, you judge them by their looks. Absolutely true. Everyone does. Because, well, physical attraction. People want to be around others whom they are physically attracted to. Regardless of personality in the begining. I'm not talking about after you get to know the person and realize they are a jerk kinda thing. I'm talking about initial contact. You judge people because of looks, and so do I.

What I want everyone to understand is this verse on beauty. We are all altogether beautiful. I know its a hard concept to grasp. Trust me, it took me two years to really understand beauty after my eating disorder recovery. So I need you all to know that God made each and every one of you perfectly with no flaws. In the eyes of God, you are exactly what he wanted. The most handsom or beautiful person in the world. There is absolutely no reason that one should feel unworthy of being in a relationship or ugly because the media says you are ugly and unworthy. A guy came up to me in high school and said that, "You're ugly and worthless. If you died in a hole, no one would care about you." I cried for two weeks. I get it. I know what it feels like to not think that you are worth being on this Earth because you can't get involved in an intimate relationship.

But, please, understand this: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. That's what I really want to push on you guys today. Ignore the media industry, they are only trying to sell you a lifestyle. Not a realistic vision of real life. So ignore the ads, focus on yourself, and really see the beauty that lives inside you.

CHALLENGE: Look in the mirror, and instead of looking at your flaws, look at what you like about yourself.

Have a great self-esteem day,

Oddball

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13:09

    :) awesome abbie! i've been trying to do that for a while but your helping me! thanks girl! miss youu!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on blog posts