Tabs

October 30, 2012

Relationships According to Dorks ;) I think. Part One.


"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." (1 Corin. 13:1-3) (NIV)

Well Howdy Oddballers,

Today Is going to be pretty chill. I will talk about relationships and what I think it true love today. Pretty lame, but I guess my views and ideas are quite interesting according to the women I have talked with. So male readers, if you want to attempt to understand the female mind, today's post is a good read. At least in my opinion anyways.This is going to be a series I will be working on for awhile. going a few verses at a time and really digging into the word.

Alright, the first thing I want to say about has a lot to do with 1 Corinthians 13. One of my favorite chapters in the whole Bible. Not because of the fact that it is recited at basically every wedding, but what the words are actually saying. The true qualities of love that are written in the verses are pure truth in my opinion, and it offers good insight into how women and men should view and treat their significant others. So, I only put up verses 1-3, but if you want to read the whole Chapter, I highly recommend it.

Love isn't something I can just talk to you about like I am a genious. Well, because I'm not. I only can tell you what I know is true about love. Because I feel love for many people. Most of which are not romantic. So, Where do I begin??? LOL.

 Verses 1-3. The begining of our Love Series. Love, is a fruit of the spirit. IF you do not know what those are, look it up on Google. You will understand. What the vesres are trying to say is if we give spiritual gifts without love, then they are useless. This makes sense to me. Spiritual gifts, if you do not know, are gifts that are given to each person through becomming Christian. Like evangelism, knowledge, sympathy, etc. These gifts help others spread the word of Christ to those who are in need of being saved. Without love, I personally think it would be difficult to bring people together in a close and intimate way. I think that's what this verse is trying to say. Without love, all the work one puts into it is useless because there is no intimacy in the relationship with the person. I'm not talking about romantic intimacy. Just being intimate in the conversation. That is what I find important in general when it comes to meetng and getting to know people. It is important to be intimate with those around you.. Not awkward but just deep and genuine. MAKE IT LEGIT PEOPLE.

Being LEGIT = AWESOMENESS

That's it really. I"m not very good at analysis of Biblical text..So bare with me,

God Bless,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts