Tabs

November 1, 2012

Relationships according to dorks ;) Part 3


"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres." (1 Corin. 13:6-7) (NIV)

Good Day Oddballers,

Today is yet another portion of 1 Corinthians 13. I really am enjoying reading through these verses and taking them one word at a time. It definitely reminds me of all that love is. Not only how God loves us, but how to really love others. I am finding this quite beneficial. I hope you are too. :D

Now today, I'm not sure whether this will be a longer or shorter blog post, I guess it all depends on how everything goes. Well, I guess we are going to start from the begining to the end this time. Yesterday we went backwards and I think it helped the understanding in my opinion, if it did not.. my apologies. So yeah. Love doesn't delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. I love LOVE this verse so much!!! I truely believe that love will stand by the truth. When people purposefully try to do wrong to the one's they love. I feel like they aren't actually showing love. True love to me comes from standing by the truth nomatter the cost. That's what I belive in and feel strongly about.

Love always  protects, trusts, hopes, and pererveres. I love this line too. Love is a sign of protection. Moms do this all the time. Lion's protect their young. Mama bears protect their babies. It's part of nature really for a mom to protect what they love. That's why girls get jealous easier than guys do. We love our man, and we don't want any other girl threatening that love. Because we love them enough and don't want them to get hurt by making mistakes. Love does always trust. Trust, in my opinion, is the most important aspect of a relationship other than patience. It is important to make sure that there is an amount of trust between the two people. Otherwise there will be doubts and then sin happens because of that doubt. Not only is distrusting a person stressful, it can be a whole lot of work to try and mend that trust if it's broken. Just be careful in regards to trust..it's not something you want to lose with the one's you love.

Love hopes and perserveres as well. Love always looks for a positive in everything, and it is patient and perserveres through tough situations. They work with their partners and put an effort into progress. They put the work into the relationship because they love, adore, and care about the person enough to do what is necessary to make it work. This is so important. I try very Very hard to do this in all relationships. With friends, or someone I feel love romantically for. I communicate and work on building the relationship and not knockig it down.


Just something for you guys to think about today.

Have a Rockin' Day,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts