Tabs

November 2, 2012

Relationships According to Dorks ;) Part 4.


"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.  For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."(1 Corin. 13:8-13)
 
Mornin' Oddballers,

Today is the LAST day of our 1 Corin. 13 adventrue. Today, as I wrap up the ideas mentioned in this chapter. That it is a bit shorter than some of the other entries. Sometimes, ideas can just flow from my mind and I can write forever. Many occasions while I write my blog I have to discipline myself to actually stop writing. I surprise myself sometimes.

So yeah, now unto the verses for today. I know it's alot. But the ideas kind of tie together. So I wanted to write about it as a group. I don't really want to defile these verses, because I feel that reading them really captures the idea on what exactly love is all about. What I think about when I read this is how I dealt with the boy I had a crush on when I was younger. Now that I thnk about it, I was more biblical as a woman then than I think I was as a teenager when my parent's said that "I could finally date." It's wierd, how innocence can really affect how a person deals with issues. Even though I have been studying the art of beauty and love and how to incorporate in my life Biblically, I still find myself struggling to do EVERYTHING that I am supposed to. I guess having perfection with Love is only up to God, but I definitely strive to show that to everyone I can.

I think if you guys get anything out of the series of 1 Corinithians 13, I hope that you all see how important Love is in our lives. I feel so strongly about love that I really take time to consider my options when it comes to those I am thinking about getting romantically involved with someone. Of course the girliness in me gets super confused stressed out, and has a hard time really seeing what God wants, but I definitely pray about it vigorously to see where God wants me to go and who he puts in my life.

In my opinion, emotional roller coasters aren't something to be ashamed of. I think it is important to embrace our roller coasters in regards to love. It helps us see where our true love lies. It's that one text saying "hey, I am thinking about you today." that could be the deciding factor between love and true love. Sometimes we think we love people, but in realitity, we do, but not in the way we may think sometimes. Love is complicated. That's why I spent four blog posts trying to attempt at figuring this concept out. It's not easy.

So I encourage you as you go about your day, to just think about everything you have read these past four days. Most of the time, I don't write a blog post on fridays, but I really wanted to say this today.

I hope your days are filled with Love, Peace, Hope, Faithfulness, and Happiness. :D

God Bless

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts