Tabs

November 6, 2012

Your Parents were actually serious. It's the Inside that counts. :)

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." (1 Peter 3:3-4) (NIV)
Morning Oddballers,

Today I want to talk about inner beauty. My favorite kind of beauty, because yesterday I had a frustration about Americans in general. LOL. Usually in most cases, the nice people get pushed around, and usually right away they don't win the girl/guy they were going after as a significant other because they are just "too nice". If you think about it, it's kinda true. Not saying that I am a perfect exanple of these things, it's just the kind of stuff that I have noticed throughout High School and my few months at college. I usually turned down the "nice guy" for a total jerk because well, the jerk asked me first. LOL It's true!!! and what sucks about the whole things is that looking back, the "nice guy" would have most likely been a great relationship. See what we can miss if we don't take the time to evaulate the inside, the heart of a person??!!

I  am ashamed to say that I am totally guilty of initially judging people by their looks before I get to know them, but I think everyone has sometime in their life. For me know, what I have found that as the older I get, the less I have been doing that. I look at the personality, how they treat others, and how they treat themselves. In my opinion, that is key to any kind of successful relationship. As much as one would like to thing that outward appearance is totally important; it is in a way for things in the future of the relationsip, but, initially, to see if they would fit, it's kind of irrelevent. Just because you aren't the girl in the magazine, the girl with the best clothes, the guy with the best body, the guy with the best hair and smile, the person with the designer clothes and a awesome set of beautiful nails, in no way this means that you are more/less likely to get a significant other in your future. NO WAY at all.

So what the verse today is trying to say is that "the unfading beauty of a gentle spirit" is the kind of stuff that we should be looking for in people because God finds that valuable in us. This is a verse that I live by. I strive to find the gentle spirit in people, and when I do, it is totally attractive to me as a friend and as a potential significant other. It's addicting to me. I love to see the power of God working through people with their personalities. It totally amazes me in every single way.

So as you all go about your day, I just want you to evaulate yourself. DO you have a gentle spirit?? That I think is the question everyone should be asking themselves on a daily basis.The more gentle our hearts are, the more we present ourselves in a godly way, I I don't find anything wrong with that whatsover.

Have A Wonderful Gentle Spirit Day EVERYONE!!

Oddball <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts