Tabs

November 19, 2012

Touched By God...It's an Awesome Thing


"Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground. A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. He said, “Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, consider carefully the words I am about to speak to you, and stand up, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he said this to me, I stood up trembling." (Daniel 10:9-11) (NIV)
 
 Good Morning Oddballers,

I know it has been awhile, I have had a lot to think about these couple weeks so I can write for the next couple weeks for you guys. Since I will have Thanksgiving Break starting Tuesday, I will be able to write some longer pieces, I hope you all can deal with that lol.

First and foremost, there are a few things that I learned during my writing break. One, that the world is a beautiful place when it changes seasons. How God created the world with such organization.  The fact that God created each and every little piece of our planet just amazes me. Two, rely on God above else. Sometimes we as people can get distracted by the things in this world, however, the important thing is to put God first. Then for some awesome reason, everything falls into place. As much drama and hard choices can stress us out. Seek God above all else, and your eyes will be opened by his glory and grace.

Today, though, I want to just talk about an idea that I love, and that is being touched by God. I think we have all maybe thought of this picture sometimes in our lives. For example, "What would it be like?" "Would something happen?" "What would his hand feel like?" "Will I glow or something?". Hahaha, maybe the last question was mostly me, but I think you get the idea. As you can see, I have thought of this a whole lot. Not because I have no life, but because I just love God and want to know God at a deeper level that when I read scripture like Daniel 10:9-11 it makes me wonder what being touched by God is all about.

For me, I feel like I am touched by God, but probably in a different way than Daniel. To me, he held my hand through very difficult life situations and because of that, people have grown in their faith by listening to my testimony or reading on my expiriences. As much as the past tends to leave nasty scars, I still feel blessed with the fact that I made it through, and God never left me one moment through the whole thing, even when I was angry with him. It's a magical thing, feeling that overwhelming urge to do something Good. It makes me wonder if that is what being touched by God is going to feel like. Will it be some overwhelming joy that I wouldn't even know what to do with myself? Would it be like a first love that never dies? Or have I allready been touched by God, but I just don't recall it??

These type of things leave me with a lot of questions. I'm not going to write this blog expecting to understand everything that I write about on here. I just write my reflections as a dork of Christ. I do realize that some people expect me to answer their questions. My advice to those who have questions is to seek answers by God, it's amazing how he can answer questions. Trust me on that!!!

So today, just think about how God has touched you in your life, or some other reflection about being touched by God. Does he speak through you? Does he guide you through situations? Have you even been touched at all??

So many questions this morning.

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts