Tabs

February 28, 2013

Having Spiritual Gifts Intruduction

 
"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will." (1 Corin 12:7-11) (KJV)

Good Morning Oddballers,

Today  I want to touch on our spiritual gifts. Because honestly, people don't know what they are gifted in. Plain and simple.I don't really want to go on a huge tangent today, so I'm going to keep it a bit simple.

I decided to do a series on Spiritual Gifts. Covering each gift for what it is and make others aware of gifts they could possess in their life. SO Today, I want to talk about the importance of spiritual gifts and list a few I want to cover these next couple weeks :)

Spiritual gifts are important to me because they are tools that we can use to minister and be disciples. It is the qualities in us that just come easy for us. We are great at doing these things when we interact with others around us. They are used in God's image. It showcases the good things about each and every one of us. For me, as I'm sitting in a new environment, I immediately try to figure out who is the leader in the environment, and then I look for what qualities they possess that make them the leader in the situation. Most of the time, the good things about that person as a leader had something to do with their spiritual gifts. That's why I'm going to talk about spiritual gifts. As Christians, we need to utilize our gifts to introduce people to the Holy Spirit. Being aware makes us role models for others who really need help.  Here are a few gifts I want to touch on:

GIVING, LEADERSHIP,  MERCY, PROPHECY, SERVICE, TEACHING, ADMINISTRATION, DISCERNMENT, FAITH, HEALING, HELPS, KNOWLEDGE, MIRACLES, TOUNGES, WISDOM, EVANGELISM, MISSOIONARY, CELIBACY.

Of course, there are plenty more, but I think these are the pretty big ones, and that is what I want to cover these next few days. Let's chat about our gifts so that we can grow as followers in Christ.

Have a Wonderful Day Guys,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts