Tabs

February 5, 2013

Being Content.


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
 
 Good Morning Oddballers,

I want to focus on Contentment today because I feel like many people I know are struggling with the satisfaction of what they have right now. So here I go. For me, I think the struggle is more or less contentment with who I am as a person. Am I really satisfied with my identity. Do I want to be someone else. Should I be someone else? Those are the questions I have been asking myself recently. But what I think I failed to realize is that I really should have a solid foundation and full contentment with God before I can be solid with who I am as a person.

College is one of those times in many people's lives where we all struggle with the question "Who am I?" This is totally normal because I think everyone feels it once in their college career. We question whether we are worthy of a relationship and deserving of one. We question whether how people view us is really the truth or are they just being kind because they are afraid to tell me who I really am. Maybe it's the fear that some bad habits you had in the past will come back to haunt you, or some negative qualities in yourself that you never want to show in front of the people you care about.

What I can tell you right now is that I have felt all of these things in the past few months. Some rather recently and I am still working on organizing those thoughts and tackling them one on one. Just like the verse says, we need to be strong and courageous because the Lord is with you wherever you go. As much as we would like to question the location of our Savior when we are struggling, we have to be content with the fact that he is there right beside us all the time.

This also works with material goods as well. Sometimes we are so focused on the things that we want that we lose track in God's plan for us. This is completely normal on many levels and I can tell you that it is VERY difficult to be content with the things you have in that moment of time. But what I can tell you from that is that it is very possible to tackle with contentment in the Lord. The more content you are with the Lord in your life, the more content you will be with all of the things around you. One wouldn't get stressed as much because they turn to the Lord knowing that he will never leave or forsake us. It's an amazing feeling and I encourage all of you to realy consider having contentment in your life.

Now I'm going to post a video with this. It's a song call "I'll Follow You"- Jon McLaughlin. This song is about a husband telling his wife that he will never leave her. This is how God feels about us. Whenever I hear this song I think about how much God loves me this way and also how I hope to have a husband as devoted as this man.

Enjoy

Oddball
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts