Tabs

February 27, 2013

The Bible Brings Me Back to You (God)

 
"In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye." (Deuteronomy 32:10)
 
Good Morning Oddballers,
 
Today I really want to focus on overcomming obstacles in our lives, because it seems like myself and many other people I know are struggling in this area of their life.Recently I have been fighting with the thoughts that I don't have a purpose or place. Obviously that is completely untrue on every level, but I have been struggling with those kinds of thoughts recently. What I've found is that reading some scripture and getting involved in a depression topical Bible study was a good way to bring me back to Jesus again. When I'm struggling with something, usually I try to narrow down the problem, and then do some Bible study on that area and see what I find. So yep. I'm working on depression at the moment. I don't feel depressed, I just feel like my heart is heavily troubled, which can lead to depression if not treated right away. So that's why I'm doing a Bible study on Depression.
 
What I want you all to know is that having a troubled heart is something you can overcome. Yes, its going to take A LOT of work on your part and some major faith in Jesus to help guide you through, but trust me, once the wave is over (it hasn't ended for me quite yet but I know it will), you will feel so light and unbelievably happy. It will just hit you randomly and you will realize that God will never leave or forsake you. It's absolutely breathtaking. There is nothing more powerful than the emotion comming from an emotional wellness state farthest from God. :)
 
The verse I put up today kind of shows what kind of thing I'm talking about. Even if we are in a desert in our lives, God knows where we are, he knows what we are going through, and he wants to helps us overcome whatever we need to handle in our lives. He will shield you from your enemies and care for you. He will gaurd you and make you strong. What I"m saying is, NOMATTER what you are feeling, God knows about it, and is trying to find a way to guide you through the wave so that you don't hit the sand with a THUD and a bunch of seaweed wrapped around your ankles.
 
As Christians we can conquered anything through God. So if you are in a mental slump, the Bible will lead you back to God. Don't forget that ...EVER..I don't know what I'd do with myself if people didn't quite understand that concept. So many young Christian lives could be saved this way, and that's why I am writing about it to you today.
 
Much Love and God Bless,
 
Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts