Tabs

February 13, 2013

Lent Season..Let's GO!!

   
“Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster." (Joel 2:12-13) (ESV)
 
G'day Oddballers,

Today I want to touch on Lent...because..well..It's ASH WEDNESDAY! I don't really want to go into huge detail on what this day means..however, if you don't know then feel free to Google Lent or Ash Wednesday to get some more info. Today I want to talk about what I'm thinking of sacrificing this lent season. To me, there are many things I want to give up that I feel are holding me back from my full potential as a Christ follower, and one of them, which I probably won't share with anyone, will probably be the hardest thing for me to do in what is probably my whole life. It jsut kinda hit me all of a sudden..however, there have been a couple dreams recently that sollidify what I have to do. So I KNOW it's what needs to be done.

That's what makes it hard. This thing has been at the core of my heart, where I treasure it and respect it on so many levels. To be able to give up what I hold close to my heart will most likely be the hardest thing for me. I won't go into detail, but trust me, throughout these next five weeks its going to be a battle, and I will keep you all updated on the major things that will probably come up. I will try to focus on some struggles that I will be going through becaue of it. Don't worry, my blog isn't going away anytime soon. :)

So that's all I want to say really today. Hopefully if you are thinking about sacrificing something for lent (symbollically not LITERALLY), and you think you might need some help with it, feel free to send me a message or a comment on what you need help with and I will gladly be there to help out with whatever is necessary.

Have a lovely Ash Wednesday,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts