Tabs

February 25, 2013

Reflection in Our Lives


"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1) (KJV)

Good Morning Oddballers,

I know it's been awhile since I wrote a blog post, but I spent a lot of time relfecting on my life and my goals. So today, I want to chat with you all about why I think reflection is necessary every once in a while.

First of all, I feel like personal reflections involving yourself and God are a rejuvination tool for when in life we get overwhelmed by our circumstances. When I'm stressed. I feel the need to just sit by myself in a quiet place and just meditate with the holy spirit. Usually that calms me down and helps me focus on what I need to focus on in my day. I honestly have a kind of life that is constantly in motion. There are events, and meetings, and drama all day. I never stop listening to problems that occur in my life or dealing with problems that occur in my life. IN all honesty, if people actually walked a day in my shoes and heard my thoughts, they would think I had an extremely stressful life. Which is true. That is why I reflect and meditate often. I think I would have lost my mind by now if I hadn't.

Secondly, reflection helps a person connect with God on a more intimate level. so many of us strive to have that intimacy with others in our lives. I think, that a way we can practice being intimate with others is by working on our personal relationship with Jesus. If we as people cannot connect with our savior, how can we connect with others? That is why I like reflection as well, it teaches me how to stop, and listen intimately to others when they are speaking to me. It helps me calm down and really focus on what the other people are trying to say instead of listening to my own ambitions and jumping to conclusions. Reflection is a good way to practice these skills. Having some one on one time with our Savior is a good thing. We should be spending time alone with him. Even if its just to have a conversation or to say nothing at all. Reflection is a good thing people.

So as you all go about your days in the next few weeks, try to take an hour out of your day to just sit, read a bible, and talk to God. It is one of the most refreshing things to do to spend your spare time. It makes me feel better after a long day, and I'm pretty sure it will make you feel better as well.


Have a Wonderful Day,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts