Tabs

February 15, 2013

In order to Love Others...we have to Love Ourselves


"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:8-9) (ESV)

Good Morning Oddballers,

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and because of that, I decided not to write. Usually I do not write on holidays because it gives me a day off to focus on a topic to write about later in the future. Also, it gives me time with others to make sure that they are well on that Holiday. Yesterday, my focus was to let others know that they are love by God regardless of their relationship status. I was single on Valentine's Day, and honestly having the holy spirit working through me is good enough for me. :)

So today, I want to write about loving yourself. So many people I know don't really love themselves and who they are in the inside. I think, in order to love other people, we need to learn to love ourselves the way God made us in his creation. The Bible verses I chose today really reflect on the kinds of qualities in us that we should be thinking about on a daily basis. Think about the things you do that are honorable and keep doing it. Know what is pure in you and keep it that way. Know the lovely, commendable, and excellent qualities that would give God praise, then notice them, and praise yourself for them. Love the good things that God finds in you. I"m sure there are great qualities in every single one of us if we actually took the time to stop, think, and see the beautiful creation of us.

It's up to us as Christians to love others as much as Christ loves us, if we don't love ourselves, then it is going to be very difficult to love others as well as Christ. So we got to stand up, know that we are beautiful people on the inside and out, and radiate that out to everyone you see every single day. Smile. I can't even tell you the power of a smile. Do it! All the time.

Dude.......... ---------> DO IT ALREADY!!!

Smiling = Freakin' Awesomeness


I wish you all the best on your Spiritual Journey,
God Bless,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts