Tabs

February 26, 2013

"I'm Only Begging You For Mercy"


 "Be you therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." (Luke 6:36)

Good Morning Oddballers,

Today I want to talk about Mercy, becaue I feel like it is something I haven't really talked about in a blog post. So here I go. :)

According to the dictionary, mercy is compassion or kindly forbearance shown towards an offender, enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity or benevolence. So basically what it means is showing compassion towards others who do wrong towards you.

It sounds a whole lot harder than it looks, I mean, people dissapoint us everyday. We get angry at others because they lie, and steal from us. They will end up hurting us, but showing mercy is a way to be more like Christ in his image. One of the greatest things about God is his mercy. For example, how many times have you dissapointed God? I think that is a weird question to ask conisidering we are all sinners. Most likely, the answer will be around 10 times a day, and if you have lived around 10 years, that's around 3650 times. Yeah, God has shown you mercy over 3650 times. Why can't you give a person mercy once??

I think that is the question we all should be asking ourselves every once in a while. Forgiveness is along the lines of what I'm talking about, however, mercy is the glue that brings forgiveness into the picture. Feeling compassion towards a enemy is the only way forgiveness can be made for that person. I mean, who would want to forgive someone who they are not compassionate towards. This is simple logic people. That's why it is sooooooo important that we as people show mercy. It's so important for our health and well being.

So now, I'm going to post a video talking about Mercy..its a pretty famous song..H0pefully you tune into it to just relax after a long day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZEVA5dy-Y


Much Love

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts