Tabs

February 18, 2013

The Importance of Companionship

   
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you." (John 15:1-6) (ESV)

Good Morning Oddballers,

I want to make this post rather quick this morning on companionship. I spent quite a bit of time meditating yesterday and I found that one of my desires as a person is companionship. In my opinion, I think that is a fair desire as a Christian. We all should have some sort of companion in our life to share the good moments with and help us through the hard times. I'm NOT saying a romantic relationship, rather a strong friendship that won't break apart over something trivial just because you are mad.

By the way, if you are friendsh with someone one minute, and the moment they get mad at you and you lose their friendship. They honestly didn't even value you that much in the first place. REAL friends fight through their anger and talk it out. A friendship doesn't get lost over hurt, it may be broken and take time to heal, but it will not break apart. Friendships that are strong can make it through a lot.

The verse I chose today doesn't have a whole lot to do with what I'm talking about, but I wanted to taouch on it because God is an example of a companion in our lives. He is there to help us and give us wisdom to make it through the trials and tribulations of our sinful world we live in. Like the verse says, he will take away the branches that don't bear fruit. We should have friends like this in our lives.

If you don't have friends that are willing to call out your faults and help you through them, what is the point in the friendship? If you don't have friends who are willing to stand by you and help you through the tough times, willing to openly talk to you about anything, pray for you, ask you how you are doing, and actively participate in your life just the way Jesus Christ has done for us, Then I personally believe that it is a waste of time. I would rather have  few people in my life of High Value that honor me instead of many that really don't care about me and my wellness.

That is all, Thanks for letting me rant this morning.


Much Love and God Bless,

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts