Tabs

January 22, 2013

Let's face it..I'm a dreamer, and You may be too.


"Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you." (Job 22:21) (NLT)
 
G'Day Oddballers,

I want to touch on  some ideas that I don't think many people cover often, and that is goals and dreams that we all have, and how that connects to our Christian faith. So today, I will attempt to shed some light on what I have found over the years of being a dreamer. First of all, what the heck is a dreamer? To me, it's a person that has a lot of goals and passions in life. They always want to go somewhere, do something, and be somebody. I know that I have so many likes and hobbies that of course I can't do every single thing at once. I just like a lot of things. I am passionate about many things. I have a very long to-do list before I die. It's only natural for me to tackle everything one at a time. If what I'm saying reminds you of yourself. Welcome to my world, and you have come to the right place. hahaha.

This verse does a good job at reflecting hopes and dreams in a great way. If you have them, tell God about it. I don't know how many times we tell all these people what we want to do in life but never bother to tell God all the hopes and dreams we have for our lives. We should be doing that. For sure. I can't stress that enough.

So many people come to God complaining or asking something of God that is troubling them in their lives. Why don't we also add some of our hopes, dreams, and desires. God will listen nomatter what, but I think it's just a more emotionally balanced conversation. After a prayer that has blessings, stresses, and goals, I feel more satisfied with my prayer expirience. If I just focus on one of those areas, I feel like I'm not covering everything I would like to cover if I had a conversation with God.

I mean, What would we say to God if we met him in person?? I sure hope the first thing you say to him isn't "I need your help because my life sucks." I hope it is "God, I can't tell you how passionate I am about Biology."

I know for a fact that God wants to give us the desires of our hearts, but we NEED to turn to him and talk about it. For sure. I encourage you if you haven't already to start having those conversations like that with him. You may be surprised at the results you will get.

Much Love Today Everyone,


Oddball 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts