Tabs

January 29, 2013

It's good to be Humble, just not Too Humble

 
"He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble his way."(Psalm 25:9)
 
 
G'day Oddballers,
 
It's a little later in the day considering I had a busy morning and a very long day, but I want to touch on humility because I find this very fitting for me as of right now.
 
I was always the A student in high school. I was book savy and didn't have to put a lot of effort in to excel in high school. I come to college and with good study habits I have no problem with the work at all, however, it doesn't necessarily mean that I am good at everything. I know my faults. I know what I"m not good at. I know what I am good at. I honestly don't like talking about my grades or my achievements because there are so many. I don't like showing off everything I've done in my life because the list would be too long. I really just want to forget about it all and just focus on improving myself as a woman of God and the way I treat people.
 
It's honestly hard for me to accept comments like "You are going so far in life." "You are so smart." and other comments. I appreciate it and I honestly do believe it, it's just hard for me to deal with the pressure of being placed in a tier that I don't think I deserve.
 
That's what I want to talk about today, Humility is great when it comes to humbliing yourself around others whom you dissagree with and  a whole lot of other things, but I also think that being too humble can really harm the potential in people.
 
The verse I chose today does a really great job at showing humilty in a way that is balanced well. Learning to me humble before God and using that as a platform for humbling yourself in other situations. However, it's important to realize that we need to learn to not be overly humble and learn to accept and appreciate the compliments we recieve in life. I know it's difficult and a lot of the times it isn't easy for me to do at all. I'm harder on myself than many people think. I'm sure in some way you can relate to these kinds of feelings.
 
It's a normal thing to feel, and nomatter what happens the rest of our day. Let us soak in this verse and learn how to balance humility in our lives.
 
Much Love
 
Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts