Tabs

January 23, 2013

Don't Take the Easy Route in Life


"As a door swings back and forth on its hinges, so the lazy person turns over in bed." (Proverbs 26:14) (NLT)
 
Morning Oddballers,

I think all of us are guilty of hitting the snooze button on all of our alarm clocks at some point. We just don't want to get up because it's the easier thing to do. This verse really touches on taking the easy way out of things, and that's what I want to briefly touch on this morning for everyone.

Laziness in my opinion isn't an easy thing to fix because everyone is fascinated with making their lives easier in any way possible. Why do you think that products like the Shake Weight got so much money in the first place?? Or what about diet pills?? Take a pill every morning instead of hitting the gym. Use a microwave instead of the oven. Go to a fast food restaurant instead of cooking your own food at home. The examples are endless. Americans especially, feed off of the idea of "Let's make your life easier." or "If it does the work for you, it's awesome." Why is the epidemic of Laziness catching on so fast?? WEll, because there are so many excuses we can have to be lazy.

"I don't want to go running because my stomach hurts and I just want to relax."
"I don't want to cook dinner because I had a long day at work."

etc. etc.

What I have to say to this is....IT'S TIME TO STOP. LOL

We need to stop cheating ourselves out of God's best for us. Don't take the easy route..If you know what you have to do, and it isn't easy. More than likely it's what you should be doing. So do it.

I realize that it is a lot harder than it sounds. But I think it is something that we can give a really good attempt. Let's try to notice our laziness and just fix it.

I wish you all the best on your Un-laziness Journey. :)) Good luck on your faith walk.

Much Love and God Bless,

Oddball 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts