Tabs

March 20, 2013

The Spiritual Gift of Service

 
"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him." (John 12:26)
 
Dear Oddballers,
 
I hope you all are doing fantastic. I know it's been awhile since I wrote my las blog post or even have done a video blog, but I'm working on it. Things have gotten a little bit crazy the past few days and it's taking everything to stay up to date on all my assignments due for my classes. But don't worry, it's all managable. I just have to chang a few things about my schedule of my day to see what I do when.
 
Nomatter, Today's spiritual gift is on Service. I"m sure you all know what service is, but I want to talk about the importance of Acts of Service to those that have Acts of Service as their Giving and Recieving Love Languages.
 
If you do not know what Love Languages are, there are some fabulous books you can read to elaborate, but for now, they basically are 5 categories that people give and recieve affection (acts of service, touch, words, quality time, and gifts). If you really badly want to know what mine are. I am the best at giving gifts, and saying words of affirmation. I'm the best at recieving quality time and words of affirmation. There ya go, moving on.
 
Service in my opinion is absolutely one of the main foundations to following Jesus Christ, just like the Bible verse of choice is saying this morning, we all need to be servants of Christ. But what exactly does that look like for a person? Well, I think in order to understand the basic foundation of service we need to understand why it is important to those who give and recieve acts of service. People that give acts of service tend to be the kind of people that ususally serve others without thinking and/or find themselves doing too many things for other people instead of themselves. Service to them is a way to show how much they truely care about the people they are around and it helps them as people humble themselves and take the time to think about others before themselves.
 
The people that tend to recieve Acts of Service the best find it absolutely essential that actions speak louder than words. They want to see how much you care about them by what you do for them. Not in a selfish way, but more or less just affirmation that they have a special place in your heart.
 
We should be thinking about God when we question whether to serve someone or not. We should always have "serve Jesus" in the back of our minds every single day. As Christ followers, it is our job to represent Christ by the way we treat other people, and there isn't a whole lot of better examples than doing acts of service for other people. So GO out There..and SERVE the people around you. JUST DO IT. ;)
 
Have a great Serving of Christ Day,
 
Oddball
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts