Tabs

March 13, 2013

The Spiritual Gift of Leadership


"When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, But when a wicked man rules, people groan." (Proverbs 29:2)
 
Good Morning Oddballers,

Today Is the next day of Spiritual Gifts, and today I want to touch on Leadership. There are so many things that go into leadership, so it will be difficult for me to really take the term and get into huge detail on what a leader is and isn't. I spent a lot of time on this word throughout my teen retreat years as a small group leader, and what I learned in my opinion may describe leadership well. So here I Got

One thing that I learned about Leadership is that it is not necessarily who is the most outgoing or who takes control of the group or situation the quickest, it is about adaptability. How we handle change and problem solve. For example, in a small group setting, one thing I noticed is the best leaders were the one's that evaluated the situation and made the choice on whether to talk or sit back and let the group share ideas. It is a hard skill for many of us to hold our tounges and let other's speak, but that is what I found to be good leadership. Another thing is the ability to portray Christ through the decision making, thought processing, and speaking of the person. How the person demonstrates faith is absolutely essential to leadership, and people who have the gift of leadership have a very important gift in humanity. We as people need to be adaptable and portray Christ in a postive manner.

I do realize that many people could define leadership in other ways, but to me, that is how I define  and seperate leaders in my life. As we all go about our days, I guess we should be thinking about how we show leadership or view leadership in our lives. Do we look for people who are Christ centered, or do we look for people who can just take control of the situation? Do we see ourselves as people who tend to speak up on a regular basis, or people that tend to not say much in a group? How can I as a person become a Leader and a follower in society?? These are all questions we should be asking ourselves daily.

I hope you all have a good day :)

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts