Tabs

August 2, 2012

Staying In the Light...SOOO HARD TO Do


"My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going." John 12:35 NLT

Mornin' Oddballers,

Sorry I have been a bit MIA for ya, but I needed a lot of contemplation on many things in my life. One thing that I want to address is the fact that I am trying insanely hard to be normal, but I forgot to realize that for me, that isn't really humanly possible. LOL so I am just going to be myself and accept it.

Today's Topic though, is on failure because I really want to address the fact that when this happens to people like myself, it takes a LOT to recover from it. I of course have been trying to get in shape for a while and have been back in forth for a long time just to wake up this morning and weigh more than I did the past four months. It sucks...I really hate failing at stuff. But I guess so does everybody else. I'm sure a ton of people can relate to me about this.

So about the verse today, I think it fits really well because Jesus in this statement is basically asking you to stay in the light as long as you can. Darkness is a difficult thing to really put into consideration when you are contemplating your life, and it is one of the most destructive things for people. I feel like the darkness tries to overtake me all the time with negative thoughts about myself, making me feel bad about myself, and making me doubt my talent. I know that I shouldn't listen to those thoughts and stay in the light but sometimes it just gets to the point where I just can't stay positive because the cut it too deep. Meaning more the less on the lines of what most people call trigger points.

Trigger points are words or actions done by people that trigger emotion. Usually it's negative. Mine is getting on a scale and seeing my weight. Ugh its the worst thing in the world. I really really hate it very much. I still wish I was the fit me that I used to be a year ago..and now that  I am not..I feel like thirty two pounds more that I can never ever get that back. It really sucks for me. So I know that whatever triggers you to feel this way about yourself. Just keeping swimming in the Light pool nommatter how hard the bullies in the Dark pool are harassing.

Another thing I find completely true is the fact that when one is in the darkness. They cannot see where they are going. THIIS IS SO TRUE.

When I get to what I call my "Low Place" I really have no idea where my emotioins are taking me and sometimes they take me to an extreme level. I feel really lost when I am this way and I really wish I could change things about it. It's so difficult.

My challenge for you all today is to really tell those negative thoughts in your life to SHUT UP. It's hard for me so I know it will be hard for you. But as oddballs I think we are in this together. SO Lets do it.



Have a Rockin' Day

Oddball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts