Tabs

July 5, 2012

It's Not Just Being Odd, It's Being Me

"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded"  
2 Chronicles 15:7 (NIV)
 Hey Oddballers,

Today I'm going to write about strength. It sounds a bit "odd" written down, but hopefully as one reads through this post today it will make a bit more sense.

Alrighty, so for starters, I'm going to talk about my lovely adventure on the 4th of July. I went to a river with a group of friends, and there was a rope hanging on a tree branch. Which one is supposed to grab unto the rope, swing, and let go; falling into the river for a safe and totally wet landing. Hahaha. Well, sometimes the rope wouldn't come back far enough, so my guy friends would jump and try to catch the rope. So they could swing themselves back to hand it to the person who was going next.

The reason why I'm writing this is because I was extremely terrified to jump and try to catch the rope. But in my heart, I knew I wanted to try it and give it a shot. So I put my fears to the side, and jumped. I got a hold of the rope for about two seconds, and then my hand slipped. I fell into the river with a huge splash.

You see people, the verse above explains everything. I decided to be strong, and to not give up on myself. How many times do people let fear get ahold of them, and then they never did the things they wish they could?? I know I am totally guilty of this. I haven't done many things that I wish I could of these past couple years strictly because I was afraid. But because I was strong that day, my work will be rewarded. The reward on the fourth was having a fantastic time with a group of friends. In the begining, I acted a bit shy because I was afraid to do the things they were doing, but I built up the courage and decided to try everything, and I had an amazing time. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have enjoyed  myself if I didn't try to have a good time and face my fears.

God rewards us all the time for the things we do when we have strength. It surprises me every time how I feel when I face my fears head on. I feel empowered to do anything, and I know that it is possible for everyone else to feel the same way. So I hope that from now on, my oddballers will try to face their fears  and have strength so that they will be rewarded too.

CHALLENGE: Try something new today, think of something you wish you could do and try to make it happen. It may surprise you what might happen. :)

Keep Being Odd,
Oddball

aka. Abbers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts