Tabs

July 15, 2012

Everyone Needs Rest Every Once in A While

"Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."" (Matthew 11:28) (NLT)

Good Day Oddballers,

Sorry about my week off. I wasn't writing for two reasons. One, serious writers block, and two, I wasn't in a good mental state for writing blog entries. But everything is all settled down now. So I will continue my usually blogging days.

Good News is, I most likely with be double dipping for you guys. Meaning I will be posting both video and blog entries some days this week so I can keep you guys updated on the goings on in Oddball's world.

Today, I want to talk to you about Rest, and leadership games.

I realize they have nothing to do with each other right now..but it will make sense later. I promise you.

Okay, have you every played a leadership game where there are two teams on each side of a yard and each team member is holdig unto a balloon. One person runs across the yard and hands that teams player their balloon. and then they run across with two balloons to the other side and hand another team member their balloons, and then that person runs across with three balloons..etc. etc.

Well, eventually team members have to end up helping the person carry all their balloons to the other side because there are WAY too many balloons.

Crazy isn't it?? So What does this have to do with rest?

Well, let us look at the Bible verse today...it says "Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens."
Do any of you carry burdens??? I sure do!!. There are way too many things in this world that we have to think about and So many things that can seriously stress us all out. My burdens are college prep stuff. I have so much to pay for and not enough money for it.. It can be overwhelming.

So if you decide to get anything out of today's bog entry..please pay close attention to the rest of the verse "and I will give you rest."


Come to God with all of your burdens, stresses, balloons, etc. and give it to him. He can help you carry those heavy burdens that we all have. If you are not of the Christian faith...turn to someone who you are close to and realease all those Darn things that ruin our day and fill us with stress.

The burden will be lighter.. I assure you.


CHALLENGE:  If you have a balloon available, blow one up, write something that is bothering you on it, and then pop it. NO one NEEDS TO DWELL ON STRESSES.

Love ya Oddballers,

Oddball
Aka. Abbers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts