Tabs

June 24, 2012

You know You're in College When...


"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. with this in mind, be alert and always keep on rayer for all the saints" (Eph. 6:18 NIV)
Well Hi Oddballs,

Hopefully you read the verse up above because that is exactly what I am going to reflect on today. :D But still, I should at least update you all on my life thus far.

Oddball is officially going to a Christian University this fall... and to elaborate more on the title.. I came up with a list called "You Know You're In College When.." to try to inform those who attend High School or plan on futhering their education of some rather odd signs that Oddball is in college..So here we go.

I know I'm in College When...

1. There is a six page paper and a assigned reading due the first day of class.

2. My Mother has to actually tell me to stop browsing for college dorm stuff on my Nook Colortm plus Wifi 

3. I Joined a Facebook group consists of my new Graduating class

4. The admissions counselor and myself are on a first name basis

5. I have a countdown for student arrival day (64 days to be exact)

6. You set an alarm for the day you can browse the textbook requirements for your classes (july 9th)

That doesn't even cover everything, but those are the "odd" things I have been doing that I find wierd during summer vacation.

Nomatter,
About that Bible verse. I think it is important to pray about almost everything. I know, praying to God saying "Thank you giving me this pencil to write with, and I request that you bless my dog because he has fleas" is perfectly okay on many occasions, but in my opinion, I don't find it necessary. The scripture said "pray in the Spirit". Well, what exactly does that mean?

According to some theologists, praying in the Spirit means praying what's in your heart with the Holy Spirit in mind. Sometimes we don't exactly say what we mean when we pray, but it doesn't matter, because God looks in your heart through the Holy Spirit with the requests you have for him. So technically if you think about it, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WRONG WAY OF PRAYING!!! How cool is that..we can try to word something and fail miserably, but God still knows what you're saying...

That to me = Freakin Awesome

It also says that we should pray "on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." It's not saying..don't pray the same thing over and over. Just pray more often. many times people have a struggle, but forget to turn to God for it. This is just a reminder saying "Hey, when you are thankful for something, happy about something, upset about something, and confused about something, pray to me about it. Maybe I can help." Which is exactly what is said at the end of verse

"with this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."

TODAY's SPIRITUAL CHALLENGE:
 As you go about your business today...when you are faced with a strong emotion..pray about it..you might feel a bit different. :D

That's All I Got Today Oddballers,

Keep Being Dorks

Abbers :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on blog posts